To find out more about her thoughts on the medium of animation and the industry, follow her Animated Insights with Shannon Muir blog posts that appear on this website.
SHANNON MUIR wrote and co-wrote several episodes of the Japanese animated series “Midnight Horror School,” created by Naomi Iwata and Milky Cartoon Ltd. Specifically, Western writers were actively recruited to write scripts to be translated into Japanese, with hopes of then getting an easier sale back to Western markets.
Her episodes, credited as the Japanese phoenetic Shanon Myua, are:
- “Jungle Panic”
- “Teacher’s Day”
- “The Terrible Trio Recruitment”
- “Noisy Noisy” (with Kevin Paul Shaw Broden)
- “Wind Whispers” (with Kevin Paul Shaw Broden)
In addition, she’s also worked in a production capacity on the following animation productions:
- INVADER ZIM (Production Coordinator, Nickelodeon Animation)
- EXTREME GHOSTBUSTERS (Production Supervisor, Sony Animation)
- JUMANJI: THE ANIMATED SERIES (Production Assistant, Sony Animation)
- SAY IT WITH NODDY (Production Coordinator, SD Entertainment/Chorion)
- PETPET PARK (Virtual World Production Resource Manager/Associate Producer, Nickelodeon Games -helped oversee the beta to launch, as well as work in an Associate Producer capacity on the first fourteen lands)
- NEOPETS (Virtual World Technical Resource Manager for Neohome 2, Nickelodeon Games – featuring the virtual world’s ability to have animated pet wearables and see the pet in the home)
Shannon also authored two books about animation that are now out of print.
- GARDNER’S GUIDE TO WRITING AND PRODUCING ANIMATION
- GARDNER’S GUIDE TO PITCHING AND SELLING ANIMATION