SHANNON MUIR’S INFINITE HOUSE OF BOOKS
Celebrating a fifth anniversary in April 2017, Shannon Muir’s Infinite House of Books provides an open platform for books of other types outside of the mystery, crime, and SF/fantasy areas to feature author interviews and guest blogs. Though primarily romance, women’s fiction, and books of interest to that audience, the blog is open to any fiction type. Other types of books appear on a selective basis.
Read all of the SHANNON MUIR’S INFINITE HOUSE OF BOOKS posts here.
In the last couple years, the brand has grown to include branded video logs and more. Now, SHANNON MUIR’S INFINITE HOUSE OF BOOKS is part of Shannon Muir’s website every Wednesday BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 6, 2017 – get all the latest here right here at the blog. Also, as many fiction book related author interviews and guest posts as possible have been imported from the prior location into this site as Infinite House of Books Flashback posts. You can also refer to SHANNON MUIR’S INFINITE HOUSE OF BOOKS on Tumblr for all archived tours from early 2015 through September 30, 2017 (the old stand-alone site’s closure date).
The limited series OWN YOUR OWN TALE and DISCOVER WORDS… THE BLOG that debuted at SHANNON MUIR’S INFINITE HOUSE OF BOOKS site have also been copied over to this site on their original post dates. DISCOVER WORDS… REFLECTIONS is an new series that will appear on this site on the first Wednesday of the month.
Check out all of the content today!
Want to be featured on INFINITE HOUSE OF BOOKS?
INFINITE HOUSE OF BOOKS features guest author interviews, and guest blog posts, every Monday and Wednesday. This column is primarily geared to readers and emphases a title being promoted; if you’d like to discuss writing tips and tricks in a guest blog, please consider MYSTERY OF CHARACTER FEATURING SHANNON MUIR on Mondays to see if you might be a better fit as a guest for that column, promoting your books in your biography instead of making the books the highlight. If you are wanting to promote a specific title and would like a chance to be featured on INFINITE HOUSE OF BOOKS, please find the instructions below; also, please be advised that if you write mystery, thriller, SF or fantasy, THE PULP AND MYSTERY SHELF may be the better fit for you as it has a larger readership.
There are two options
- AUTHOR INTERVIEW
Submit the questions below, along with a book blurb, author bio, pictures of book and author, and all pertinent social and buy links, to shannon.muir (at) outlook.com.
What initially got you interested in writing?
What genres do you prefer to write in?
Are there any authors you prefer to read and why?
How did you make the move into being a published author?
What do you find most rewarding about writing?
What do you find most challenging about writing?
Do you have any tips for writers who find themselves experiencing writer’s block?
What advice would you give to people that want to enter the field?
What do you want readers to take away from reading your works?
Is there anything else about you that you think readers might find interesting?
Other writers are invited to pen guest columns for this space. ALL FICTION GENRES ARE WELCOME, THOUGH AS AN ALL-AGES BLOG BE MINDFUL OF SUBJECT MATTER. Here’s what’s being looked for:
- The emphasis of this column is to share writing advice and insights with other writers, versus primarily being geared to readers. Books can also be promoted, but as part of the author bio at the end. If a writer’s primary emphasis is to promote a specific release, along with an author interview or guest post of a topic of the author’s choosing, making it friendly to those with releases or current backlists.
- At this time, topics for this column must come from the following areas. Please have a column address how you as a writer would handle:
- BUILDING A WRITING ROUTINE
- HOW TO GET PAST WRITER’S BLOCK
- HOW TO HANDLE PLOT
- HOW TO HANDLE SETTING
- HOW TO HANDLE THEME
- HOW TO HANDLE DIALOGUE
- … but of course, HOW TO HANDLE CHARACTER is always welcome too!
- Please submit your guest post with the following items: an author bio and picture, and all pertinent socials, and any pictures, blurbs and buy links for books you might want to promote – current titles and backlist are okay, but please limit to no more than three unless you are promoting a series that is more than three works. Send these to shannon.muir(at)outlook.com for scheduling. Also send a book blurb, author bio, pictures of book and author, and all pertinent social and buy links.
- Remember that submission does not guarantee placement.
NOTE REGARDING GIVEAWAYS: IF YOU WISH TO INCLUDE A GIVEAWAY, COMMENT-BASED GIVEAWAYS ARE NOT RECOMMENDED AS THE ADMINISTRATOR WORKS FULL-TIME AND THEREFORE MUST MODERATE COMMENTS TO MANAGE SPAM; MOST GIVEAWAYS ARE THROUGH SERVICES LIKE RAFFLECOPTER. THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING.