MYSTERY OF CHARACTER FEATURING SHANNON MUIR
Every Monday, Shannon Muir will share about her personal experiences on the art and craft of writing… or feature guest bloggers sharing tips and tricks.
Be sure to check out all of the MYSTERY OF CHARACTER FEATURING SHANNON MUIR columns.
Other writers are invited to pen guest columns for this space. ALL FICTION GENRES ARE WELCOME, THOUGH AS AN ALL-AGES BLOG BE MINDFUL OF SUBJECT MATTER. Here’s what’s being looked for:
- The emphasis of this column is to share writing advice and insights with other writers, versus primarily being geared to readers. Books can also be promoted, but as part of the author bio at the end. If a writer’s primary emphasis is to promote a specific release, along with an author interview or guest post of a topic of the author’s choosing, submitting for Shannon Muir’s Infinite House of Books feature on Wednesdays is recommended; this column primarily focuses on readers.
- At this time, topics for this column must come from the following areas. While Shannon Muir is know for putting characters first in the development of her stories, this may not be true for guest authors Please have a column address how you as a writer would handle:
- BUILDING A WRITING ROUTINE
- HOW TO GET PAST WRITER’S BLOCK
- HOW TO HANDLE PLOT
- HOW TO HANDLE SETTING
- HOW TO HANDLE THEME
- HOW TO HANDLE DIALOGUE
- … but of course, HOW TO HANDLE CHARACTER is always welcome too!
- Please submit your guest post with the following items: an author bio and picture, and all pertinent socials, and any pictures, blurbs and buy links for books you might want to promote – current titles and backlist are okay, but please limit to no more than three unless you are promoting a series that is more than three works. Send these to shannon.muir(at)outlook.com for scheduling.
- Note that any guest posts submitted are not guaranteed placement. If submissions do not seem to fit these criteria for guest posts, but otherwise are deemed able to be used, Shannon Muir may approach the submitter for alternate placement in the SHANNON MUIR’S INFINITE HOUSE OF BOOKS column on Wednesdays.